THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Blogging is an awesome way to share what you are passionate about! You can vent, journal your life, give instruction on your passion, coach, motivate, and encourage people! The possibilities are endless! And it is possible to even make it PROFITABLE!
If you have something to share with the world-NOW’S YOUR CHANCE! The best way to connect with the people who are interested in what you have to say-is to CREATE YOUR OWN BLOG! You know how they say there is someone for everybody, even if you think no one will read it or like it or even be interested, there is someone out there who IS INTERESTED in what you have to say. Creating a blog will help you attract those people and then you can build your community!
This is a step by step guide on how to easily create your own unique blog. You can set up and begin in less than 15 mins!
The best way to begin is to use BLUEHOST. Why? Because they are INEXPENSIVE and EASY. Bluehost is one of the top web hosting companies and you can start your blog with them for as little as $3.95/month! That’s less than $36 a year!
With Bluehost, your domain is free for the first year as long as you buy 12 months worth of Bluehost web hosting
Sure, you can go to other sites and start a free blog, but it will not help you generate extra money you deserve for your expertise. If you are interested in making money off your blog, then paying for your hosting, such as BLUEHOST, is a MUST! It’s very cheap and you can run your own advertisements, affiliate links, direct advertising, and basically, do your own thing! It’s YOUR place, YOUR new home!
There are so many reasons to start your WordPress blog on Bluehost. Here are some of those reasons:
- It’s user friendly!(even if you know nothing about blogging) Bluehost makes it painless to create your WordPress blog.
- You can add unlimited websites and blogs to your Bluehost account
- WordPress through Bluehost is FREE
- You will be considered self-hosted so you will have the ability to monetize your blog
- You will appear more professional to companies & your readers
- Your domain name is Free
- There is a 30 day money back guarantee
- 24/7 technical support and they are so supportive! Excellent customer service
- Its AFFORDABLE
START YOUR BLOG IN JUST 5 STEPS!
- Go to bluehost.com and then click “Get Started Now”
- Pick a Domain name for your blog….
- Choose your blog hosting plan….
- Complete your registration….
- Log in to your new account and install WordPress blog.
STEP 1: pick out a domain name and get web hosting
Your DOMAIN NAME is the name used for your website address. For example, WordPress’s domain name is WordPress.com. This is the address internet users to access your website. It may take you a little bit to come up with the name, that’s ok! You can change it later if you want.
HOSTING is the activity or business of providing storage space and access for websites. Websites are hosted, or stored, on special computers called servers. This would where Bluehost comes in. You can use any hosting you would like, I personally prefer Bluehost.
Anyone who wants to create their own blog, will have to pay for a domain name and hosting. It’s required. There’s just no getting around it! It’s the most recommended and most widely used.
This is why is highly recommend you host your blog through BLUEHOST.
Click here to start!!!
STEP 2: Once you are in Bluehost- Follow these steps to set it all up!
CLICK on “get started now”
Pick your Bluehost package. I use the basic. You can always upgrade later if needed.
Step 3: Pick your Domain name or enter your paid domain name and hit ‘next’
Step 4: Register and pay!
Pick the package-use the drop down to choose your Account Plan
Enter your payment information
CONGRATULATIONS! You’re halfway there!
Step 5: ALMOST DONE-just install WORDPRESS
- Log into your cPanel, you will receive a link to this from a welcome email sent by Bluehost),
- Click the WordPress Icon under Website.
- Click Continue Installation. If you have more than one domain, then you will choose the one you want to install WordPress on.
- Choose advanced options, this is for your user name and password. Change the “Admin” username to something else you can remember.
- Click “install now”
- SAVE your username and password
WOOOOHOOOOOOO! CONGRATULATIONS! You now have a WordPress blog. You will need to choose a design and start producing content.
Now you are at the most technical part. Don’t let that scare you. I knew absolutely nothing about anything online, except what the internet was & how to search for stuff on it and had no idea you could even create your own website. Yes, I admit that! You will have to play around, research, etc…
Below, I have listed all of my resources I used to begin my blog.
- For design, the most common is Genesis. There are other free themes, pick the one that suites you best. Click on “appearance’ on the left-hand side of WordPress, after you log in of course, and click on “themes’, then activate. Another option, is to use Beautiful Dawn Designs. She provides awesome premade themes for $45 and up-this would be the quickest and easiest option.
- You can add new posts by clicking on “posts’ on the left hand side.
- If you want to add an image, click “media”
- If you will need a way to send emails or newsletters to your readers, Aweber is the best option.
- Another recommendation to monetize your blog and learn more about affiliate marketing, check out the online course for bloggers, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. You will learn how one blogger, Michelle Schroeder-Gardner, earns over $50,000 a month, yes, fifty thousand a month through affiliate marketing. She shares her exact strategies and tips on this super informative online course. If you are new to the blogging and affiliate marketing work, YOU NEED THIS COURSE. It will be one of the best investments you make for yourself. It’s step by step and will answer questions and give you more valuable information you may not have even thought of!
Would you like to start a blog? What type of blog would you like to create? Share your blogging mishaps and successes!